Wednesday, May 28, 2008

End of the School Year

Tomorrow is my last day of school and I have mixed feelings about it. This past Saturday, I lost one of my students in a jet skiing accident and all of her classmates and myself are having a hard time dealing with this tragedy. I am fortunate to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation to help me get through this rough time, but most of my students do not! I wish I could just stand in front of them and instead of having an English lesson, teach them about where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will continue to be an example and pray that they will notice that I have a strength in my faith that they are missing. Rest in peace Holly!

Outside of all of this turmoil, I am excited about this summer. This upcoming week is going to be crazy! We have our dance recital on June 7th, and I am in the middle of getting my students ready for that. June 15th I am taking LHS Danceline to UDA camp at NSU, and on June 19-26 I will be in Orlando, FL for a teaching conference. June is super crazy, but it will keep me busy. Jake is somewhere in the south Atlantic ocean, and he won't be home until the end of June sometime...I am SO READY!!!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow the wedding picture is so beautiful. I am sorry that you are going through such a tough time right now. I will pray for your students and Holly's family. I know that your example will be a great blessing in their lives.

Lots of Love
Teresa

The Coolest Curiels said...

Sondra D.!!! I didn't know you made a blog?! This is AWESOME! Now we can keep in touch much better! You can check ours out. I think its www.coolestcuriels.blogspot.com. Your picture is beautiful! I love you! We will probably see you this weekend or something. Maybe, we don't know what's happening yet. Okay talk to you later!

Roya said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your student. The wedding pics are beautiful! I will update my blog soon (hopefully!) Take care

Powered By Blogger